RacontR welcomes all popular video formats : avi, mov, mp4. Once uploaded in the “Media” section, you can insert your videos on your pages.
Here are the different options offered by RacontR covered in this section :
- Insert a video on a page
- Insert a YouTube, Dailymotion or Vimeo video
- Insert multiple videos on a page
- Video properties
- Size and position
Insert a video on a page
- To insert a video, click on the “+” icon in the left menu of the page editor. A list of available medias appears, click on “Add video”.
- The library includes all the files you uploaded in the “Media” section. Select the video you wish to use and click on “Apply” to insert it on your page
Insert a YouTube, Dailymotion or Vimeo video
- To insert a video, click on the “media” tab in the top right menu of the page editor.
- Clik on the Video tab.
- You can add Vimeo, Youtube and Dailymotion links here
Insert multiple videos on a page
To insert multiple images, sounds or videos, keep the shift key pressed on your keyboard while selecting several files on your computer.
Click on “Apply” to insert them all at once. You can then manage their depth with the layer stack on the left menu.
Video properties (picture below)
- Rename your element (by default it will have the same name as the file you uploaded), add a class for CSS, control its volume, hide or show controls on your video (play cursor, sound level), choose if you want your video to play automatically or not and choose if you want your video to loop or not.
- Duplicate (while preserving its properties and actions) or replace it.
- Manage the opacity of the element (from 0 for invisible to 100%), choose a color for the border, set a rounded effect on the border, set the size of the border, the position on the scene (X or Y).
Size & position (picture below)
- To move a video, you can drag-and-drop it wherever or edit its precise coordinates in X
- and Y in the bottom right fields.
- To resize a video, you can click-and-drag from one of its corners (keep the shift key pressed to preserve its proportions) or edit its precise width
- and height in the bottom right fields.
- You can lock the element on the scene
Tips: If you want the controls to lay over the video, make sure its frame matches the actual size of the video. If you want the controls beneath your video, make sure that its frame remains a bit larger in height than the actual size of the video.