With RacontR you can create links between pages of your project but also toward external websites.
Here are the different options offered by RacontR that we cover in this section:
- Creating links from the scenario section
- Creating links from the page editor
- Creating a hyperlink
Creating links from the scenario section
First, we need to use an action layer. Action layers enable you to create interactive areas on your page. They appear colored in blue in the editor but of course they will be transparent once your project is published.
- Let’s start by creating that action layer. Click on the Hotlink element in your "Add an Element" menu.
- Then adjust its size and position (placing it over a button would be a sensible move!)
Tip : make sure to rename your action layer so you don’t confuse it with others
Once this is done, go back to the scenario section. Notice that the action layer appeared under your page.
- Click on your hotlink
- then drag-and-drop it on the page your want to link it to.
There, your link is created. It appears in the same color than the linked page so that you can easily check that you haven't made any mistakes.
Create a link from the page editor
First, you need to choose your button, you can use the button plugin or import an image of your designed button. Now let’s create a link.
- Start by selecting your button on the page.
- Once this is done, open the Link menu to display your different options.
- You can create an internal link (to another page of the project) or an external one (to any URL you want).
Create a hyperlink
1. Create a text block (see "Add and manage text blocks" section for more details).
2. Select the words you want to make clickable then click on the hyperlink icon.
3. A box pops up, select the link mode (URL) then enter your URL.